Sunday, September 20, 2015

DigiLit Sunday: Playing Along with Sway (Why Digital Literacy?)




This morning I woke up trying to decide what I would post for #DigiLitSunday.  As I was working my way around the internet, I received a tweet from Margaret Simon.  


Hmmmm.  Sway.  It wasn't the first time I had heard of it.  I had been wanting to play around with Sway since I heard Randall Sampson talking about a few weeks ago (here's his Personalized PD Sway).  I just hadn't found the time and then Lori Green was talking about it too.  So when I saw Margaret's tweet, I had to pop over to her blog to see what she had to say about Sway.  On her blog, Reflections on the Teché, she shared creations from Dot Day using Sway.  Stop over and check them out.  

What I needed to do seemed obvious.  It was time to play with Sway.  I returned to a post from Thursday, Why Digital Literacy?, that I shared on the #cyberPD blog discussing key considerations for digital literacy.  I decided to use the bullet points for content and give Sway a try.  Here's my first attempt: 



I'm looking forward to playing around a bit more with Sway.  I liked the ability to add photos, video, and links to the Sway.  The movement makes the presentation more appealing.  I could see myself using it in much the same way I use Smore for sharing information in user friendly ways.  I'm adding Sway to my go-to list of presentation applications.  Thanks, Margaret, for pushing me that one extra step.  


Today's post connects to a post I shared Thursday on the #cyberPD blog on Thursday, September 17th.  The blog was established to provide a space for #cyberPD community members to share their discoveries about last July's featured study title, Digital Reading:  What's Essential by Franki Sibberson and Bill Bass.  The site is currently looking for participants interested in posting for October.   On Tuesday, October 6th, at 8PM EST the community will be chatting on Twitter about their first steps in launching their workshops with a digital lens.  Hope you can join us!

As part of a continuous collaboration among educators interested in digital learningMargaret Simon hosts a weekly Digital Learning round-up on her blog:  DigiLit Sunday.  Stop by Reflections on the Teche.  

3 comments:

  1. Your Sway is so awesome! I wish I could embed it on my site. That's just cool. I'm glad I gave you that push, but I think we work in community with one ball pushing another so that we make this amazing pattern together. Is it time for me to jump in to #cyber PD. I wasn't sure if I could fit another thing on my plate. Maybe I'll sneak in on the chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did, & how it presented with this new app, Cathy. I'll pass it on, and see what I can do with it, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, your Sway presentation is wonderful. The sayings under the photos are on point and the pictures engaging. I really need to play with this tool because my first Sway looked so static. Thanks for the incentive.

    ReplyDelete